|Published:||Mar 15, 2013 10:23 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 15, 2013 10:23 AM EDT|
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Police say a 21-year-old woman barricaded herself into a Daytona Beach motel room, threatened to kill herself and fired 18 shots because she was angry that her boyfriend was cheating on her.
Heather Beaver of Sylvania, Ga., remained in the Volusia County Jail Thursday. She's facing multiple charges including four counts of attempted first-degree murder following the Wednesday night two-plus hour standoff.
The Daytona Beach News-Journal (http://bit.ly/WLiFkI ) reports Beaver's boyfriend told police she was angry at him and during an argument, she found his gun and pointed at him. He called 911. He wasn't injured.
Police say Beaver refused a SWAT team's orders to surrender and began firing shots into the room. Nearby guests were evacuated from the Comfort Inn. She surrendered after they fired tear gas into the room.
Information from: Daytona Beach (Fla.) News-Journal, http://www.news-journalonline.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- Golisano Children's Hospital holds ceremonial groundbreaking
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- USDA predicts smaller citrus crop in Florida