|Published:||Mar 15, 2013 10:23 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 15, 2013 10:23 AM EDT|
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Police say a 21-year-old woman barricaded herself into a Daytona Beach motel room, threatened to kill herself and fired 18 shots because she was angry that her boyfriend was cheating on her.
Heather Beaver of Sylvania, Ga., remained in the Volusia County Jail Thursday. She's facing multiple charges including four counts of attempted first-degree murder following the Wednesday night two-plus hour standoff.
The Daytona Beach News-Journal (http://bit.ly/WLiFkI ) reports Beaver's boyfriend told police she was angry at him and during an argument, she found his gun and pointed at him. He called 911. He wasn't injured.
Police say Beaver refused a SWAT team's orders to surrender and began firing shots into the room. Nearby guests were evacuated from the Comfort Inn. She surrendered after they fired tear gas into the room.
Information from: Daytona Beach (Fla.) News-Journal, http://www.news-journalonline.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Lee County Schools want to spend $180,000 on marketing