|Published:||Mar 15, 2013 2:03 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 15, 2013 2:03 PM EDT|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - Police say a group of people dropped off a shooting victim at Bayfront Medical Center in St. Petersburg, but left before anyone could get their names.
Hospital workers called St. Petersburg police shortly after she was dropped off early Friday morning. Police say she has life-threatening injuries.
Detectives have recovered the vehicle she was transported in and believe they know where the shooting took place.
Police have not released the name of the 21-year-old woman, pending notification of family members.
An investigation continues.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Winter weather delays flights in and out of RSW
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- Beach renourishment winding down in Naples