|Published:||Mar 15, 2013 10:22 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 15, 2013 10:22 AM EDT|
PALATKA, Fla. (AP) - Authorities in north Florida say a 24-year-old man faces first-degree murder charges stemming from a 2007 stabbing.
A grand jury on Monday indicted Daniel Lucas Wilkinson, who is serving time at Suwanee Correctional Institute in Live Oak for multiple charges.
Palatka police say 25-year-old Stephen Richardson died from multiple stab wounds in July 2007.
Detective Alex Egan told the Palatka Daily News (http://bit.ly/15Qh5OT ) that police worked for five years to put together the case against Wilkinson. He said some witnesses were reluctant to respond to the investigation because of fear of retaliation.
According to prison records, Wilkinson's record includes a 1.5-year sentence for retaliation against a witness in 2009.
Police say they found Richardson's body after his mother asked them to check on him. Police haven't released a motive.
Information from: Palatka (Fla.) Daily News, http://www.palatkadailynews.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students