|Published:||Mar 15, 2013 11:01 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 15, 2013 12:37 PM EDT|
NOKOMIS, Fla.- The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office has arrested Lesley and Mark Blaney, of 102 S. Orange Grove, after learning they were trading prescription drugs for guns.
Lesley is a convicted felon on supervised probation, and during a search of her home yesterday her probation officer located two firearms, hundreds of rounds of ammunition and a switchblade knife. Deputies found both the 9mm Smith and Wesson and Century Arms AK-74 assault rifle had loaded magazines and were unsecured in a bedroom.
The search also turned up a pill bottle containing rock cocaine, a separate canister with Suboxone and pieces of drug paraphernalia which Mark Blaney admitted were his.
Lesley Blaney, who has been arrested more than a dozen times, is charged as a Convicted Felon in Possession of a Firearm and a Convicted Felon in Possession of Ammunition. Mark Blaney is charged with Possession of Imitation Controlled Substance, Possession of Controlled Substance and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- Firefighters rescue driver from atop his submerged vehicle
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- LCSO searches for hit & run suspect, bicyclist hospitalized
- Despite loss, FGCU fans make the best of game day
- Security plans for Boston Marathon to be detailed
- CCSO investigates Waffle House armed robbery