|Published:||Mar 15, 2013 11:01 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 15, 2013 12:37 PM EDT|
NOKOMIS, Fla.- The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office has arrested Lesley and Mark Blaney, of 102 S. Orange Grove, after learning they were trading prescription drugs for guns.
Lesley is a convicted felon on supervised probation, and during a search of her home yesterday her probation officer located two firearms, hundreds of rounds of ammunition and a switchblade knife. Deputies found both the 9mm Smith and Wesson and Century Arms AK-74 assault rifle had loaded magazines and were unsecured in a bedroom.
The search also turned up a pill bottle containing rock cocaine, a separate canister with Suboxone and pieces of drug paraphernalia which Mark Blaney admitted were his.
Lesley Blaney, who has been arrested more than a dozen times, is charged as a Convicted Felon in Possession of a Firearm and a Convicted Felon in Possession of Ammunition. Mark Blaney is charged with Possession of Imitation Controlled Substance, Possession of Controlled Substance and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- A look at the dangers of riding a motorcycle
- Floridians pay the price for illegal Curbstoning
- Charlotte County does away with PE class
- 12 sentenced in South Florida grow house operation
- Three bears spotted in North Naples community
- Man answers the door & gets beat with a tire iron
- Friends remember Hohensee as kind and helpful, not violent