|Published:||Mar 15, 2013 7:51 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 15, 2013 7:51 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS BEACH, Fla. - Nervous Nellie's Crazy Waterfront Eatery hopes to set a record for the most corned beef consumed this St. Patrick's Day weekend.
The restaurant is planning a 2-day event, filled with corned beef and cabbage, Guinness beer, Irish soda bread, and live music and other activities.
Four-thousand pounds of brisket is being brought in ahead of the celebration in hopes of topping the 2,200 pounds the restaurant sold during the holiday last year.
Guests will also get to try their hand at cabbage bowling and take tours of the privateer Lynx, which is docked behind the building. There will be raffles and contests for best St. Patrick's Day costume.
Admission is free. The event runs Saturday and Sunday, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. both days.
The restaurant is using the party to raise money for causes including Fort Myers Beach's C.E.R.T., or Certified Emergency Response Team. The team consists of local volunteers who assist the community in the wake of a disaster.
For more information visit http://www.nervousnellies.net/.
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings spotted in SC
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks