|Published:||Mar 15, 2013 3:40 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 15, 2013 3:40 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- The Fort Myers Police Department arrested two women and closed the New Asian Massage, located at 1791 Boyscout Drive, on Thursday. The business was allegedly using the massage parlor as a way to facilitate prostitution.
Investigating officers began conducting surveillance on the business, and observed a steady stream of male clientele going to and from the business. Additionally, officers located an internet classified ad that featured women promoting the business, wearing intimate lingerie. An undercover operation was established, with reason to believe prostitution was actively being solicited.
At 5:40 p.m. an officer posing as a customer entered the business an ordered a $70 one-hour massage. The female took the officer to a room, told him to remove all of his clothing and then offered to commit a sexual act for a predetermined price. Police arrested 53-year-old Chen Ya, the owner of the business, for deriving support from the proceeds of prostitution and for driving without a license. 44-year-old Ma Aimian was arrested for soliciting prostitution. Inside the business, officers located numerous items that indicated the business was not operating as a legitimate massage parlor. There was no phone to the business and the two females offering their services were not licensed. The business has been given a three-day eviction notice.
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Passerby pulls floating 5 year-old from North Naples pond
- Lee County Schools want to spend $180,000 on marketing
- Beach-goers keeping an eye on the waves in the Gulf
- LCEC's portable substation can restore power to thousands