|Published:||Mar 15, 2013 3:40 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 15, 2013 3:40 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- The Fort Myers Police Department arrested two women and closed the New Asian Massage, located at 1791 Boyscout Drive, on Thursday. The business was allegedly using the massage parlor as a way to facilitate prostitution.
Investigating officers began conducting surveillance on the business, and observed a steady stream of male clientele going to and from the business. Additionally, officers located an internet classified ad that featured women promoting the business, wearing intimate lingerie. An undercover operation was established, with reason to believe prostitution was actively being solicited.
At 5:40 p.m. an officer posing as a customer entered the business an ordered a $70 one-hour massage. The female took the officer to a room, told him to remove all of his clothing and then offered to commit a sexual act for a predetermined price. Police arrested 53-year-old Chen Ya, the owner of the business, for deriving support from the proceeds of prostitution and for driving without a license. 44-year-old Ma Aimian was arrested for soliciting prostitution. Inside the business, officers located numerous items that indicated the business was not operating as a legitimate massage parlor. There was no phone to the business and the two females offering their services were not licensed. The business has been given a three-day eviction notice.
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- 'Magic' Johnson to speak at Quality Life Center fundraiser
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim