|Published:||Mar 14, 2013 1:02 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 14, 2013 1:02 PM EDT|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - A 51-year-old Florida man got a trip to jail for drunk-dialing 911.
Pinellas County deputies didn't find an emergency when they arrived at Gary Alan Pockrandt's home near St. Petersburg on Wednesday morning. Pockrandt had called 911 twice, telling dispatchers his cell phone wasn't working.
Authorities weren't amused when Pockrandt called 911 again three hours later and told the dispatcher that his drug dealer was mad at him.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/12S8q0v ) reports Pockrandt was cooperative the first time deputies came to his house. But he was combative when they arrived after the third 911 call. An arrest report noted he was intoxicated.
Pockrandt is being held in jail on $150 bail. He's charged with misuse of the 911 system.
Information from: Tampa Bay Times (St. Petersburg, Fla.), http://www.tampabay.com.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Employees owed money after comedy club closes down
- A&E's 'Beyond Scared Straight' films in Charlotte County
- Suspect gets life in prison for 2011 deadly shooting
- Rollover on SB I-75 at Bonita Beach Rd. slows traffic
- Orange River Elementary principal Holly Bell retires
- Lee Tran routes on proposed budget chopping block
- Lee struggles with budget and SRO issues
- Gov. Scott leads trade mission to Chile this week
- Cape councilman McClain stays
- Garbage illegally dumped on church property