|Published:||Mar 14, 2013 1:02 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 14, 2013 1:02 PM EDT|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - A 51-year-old Florida man got a trip to jail for drunk-dialing 911.
Pinellas County deputies didn't find an emergency when they arrived at Gary Alan Pockrandt's home near St. Petersburg on Wednesday morning. Pockrandt had called 911 twice, telling dispatchers his cell phone wasn't working.
Authorities weren't amused when Pockrandt called 911 again three hours later and told the dispatcher that his drug dealer was mad at him.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/12S8q0v ) reports Pockrandt was cooperative the first time deputies came to his house. But he was combative when they arrived after the third 911 call. An arrest report noted he was intoxicated.
Pockrandt is being held in jail on $150 bail. He's charged with misuse of the 911 system.
Information from: Tampa Bay Times (St. Petersburg, Fla.), http://www.tampabay.com.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft