|Published:||Mar 14, 2013 12:01 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 14, 2013 12:01 AM EDT|
Lee County, Fla. -- Sheriff Mike Scott was awarded "Elected Official of the Year" for Southwest Florida by the National Association of Social Workers.
The group says the Sheriff's implementation of programs that help every walk of life is admirable.
Some of those programs include a fraud hotline, the Teen Driver Challenge and Car Fit for seniors.
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Charlotte County
- U.S. Rep Connie Mack announces divorce
- Burglary suspect casually takes items from unlocked vehicle
- Third-grade FCAT math and reading scores static
- Naples Town Hall Speakers Series suspends 2014 season
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County