|Published:||Mar 14, 2013 11:21 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 14, 2013 4:52 PM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- The Goodwill Store, located at 2325 Tamiami Trail, was evacuated this morning after a propane gas leak. Crews were paving the back parking lot behind Goodwill, when one of the construction trucks hit a valve on the propane tank, causing the leak.
A total of 40 people were evacuated, but no one was injured.
The store has since reopened.
It is unknown how large the tank is at this time, because it is underground. The leak has been stopped, however, AmeriGas is on scene. They were hoping to transfer the gas into another tank. But that hasn't worked, so now, they will burn the propane off. Flames at least 15-feet-high can be expected.
- Cape Coral man arrested for child neglect
- Deadly motorcycle crash in Lehigh Acres
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- U.S. 41 Northbound Blocked near Andrea Lane
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week
- Homeless chilren create Pictures of Hope