|Published:||Mar 13, 2013 11:53 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 13, 2013 11:53 PM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla. - Naples restaurant Bayside Seafood Grill & Bar explains how to select and prepare the best seafood.
Abel Gonzalez, executive chef, suggests when choosing fish, to look for clear eyes, gills that aren't green or slimy, flesh that springs back when pressed, and a clean smell. Fresh fish shouldn't have an overly "fishy" or ammonia smell, he says.
Gonzalez, who has been with the restaurant for 10 years, hand selects and inspects all seafood prepared there.
Shellfish, such as mussels, should be clean with closed shells, Gonzalez says.
Bayside Seafood Grill & Bar is located 4270 Gulf Shore Boulevard North inside the The Village on Venetian Bay.
More information on the restaurant is available on its website.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption