|Published:||Mar 13, 2013 11:53 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 13, 2013 11:53 PM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla. - Naples restaurant Bayside Seafood Grill & Bar explains how to select and prepare the best seafood.
Abel Gonzalez, executive chef, suggests when choosing fish, to look for clear eyes, gills that aren't green or slimy, flesh that springs back when pressed, and a clean smell. Fresh fish shouldn't have an overly "fishy" or ammonia smell, he says.
Gonzalez, who has been with the restaurant for 10 years, hand selects and inspects all seafood prepared there.
Shellfish, such as mussels, should be clean with closed shells, Gonzalez says.
Bayside Seafood Grill & Bar is located 4270 Gulf Shore Boulevard North inside the The Village on Venetian Bay.
More information on the restaurant is available on its website.
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- Golisano Children's Hospital holds ceremonial groundbreaking
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- USDA predicts smaller citrus crop in Florida
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft