NAPLES, Fla.- For more than a decade, Naples' "Voice of the Faithful" has searched for answers from the leaders of the Roman Catholic Church. The group was formed nationally in the wake of the publicity surrounding the "pedophile priests".
The president of the Naples organization admits she knows nothing about Pope Francis, but says she's hopeful he will be more universal than the last two pontiffs. "We know an awful lot of the cardinals are conservative because they were chosen by two conservative popes. We were hoping for someone more progressive but we'll see. We'll have to wait and see and we'll pray for that," said Peg Clark.
Clark says that over the past 25 years, there has been no dialog with the church. She hopes those issues can now be addressed.
- Second Lee County bank robbed, suspects in custody
- Fatal crash on Golden Gate Parkway
- Fire at North Fort Myers home causes extensive damage
- Florida is #2 for internet crime complaints
- Fla. man trapped in car, dies from complications
- Deputies: 86-year-old Fla. mom shoots, kills son
- Heroes rescue disabled Fla. vet from pond