|Published:||Mar 13, 2013 10:49 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 13, 2013 1:17 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla.- A condominium building in Deep Creek was evacuated due to smoke this morning, according to Charlotte County Fire officials.
Authorities evacuated 80 people from the condos, located in a gated community at 2140 Heron Lakes Drive, after smoke was seen coming from the electrical room. There were no flames.
A transponder that powers the building blew, causing an outage to the complex, which is expected to last for several hours.
Residents have been returned to their homes.
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Communications satellite launched into space