|Published:||Mar 13, 2013 10:49 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 13, 2013 1:17 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla.- A condominium building in Deep Creek was evacuated due to smoke this morning, according to Charlotte County Fire officials.
Authorities evacuated 80 people from the condos, located in a gated community at 2140 Heron Lakes Drive, after smoke was seen coming from the electrical room. There were no flames.
A transponder that powers the building blew, causing an outage to the complex, which is expected to last for several hours.
Residents have been returned to their homes.
- Early morning crash on US 41 kills pedestrian
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School today
- Interactive play to teach dangers of drug use
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Stolen puppy returned to Pensacola pet store
- FMB holds election for Town Council members
- New anti-fraud group forms in Collier County