|Published:||Mar 13, 2013 5:46 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 13, 2013 6:35 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- Officials are cleaning up after a house fire at 4349 17th Place SW in Golden Gate.
The Collier County Sheriff's Office, East Naples Fire Department and Golden Gate Fire Department all responded to the call.
The fire started in the garage. No one was at home at the time, but it was originally believed that a child was trapped inside. When firefighters arrived, they learned it was a puppy, and not a person. Golden Gate Fire says they were able to get the dog out, and quickly extinguish the fire.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
One of the renters who lives at the residence is not sure where she will be sleeping tonight, but the Red Cross is on their way to the scene to help.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- Ukrainian student in SWFL shares perspective on unrest
- FSU students spend spring break 'serving the underserved'
- Former head of Harborside sues City of Ft. Myers