|Published:||Mar 13, 2013 12:09 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 13, 2013 1:14 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Shane Simpkins' trial continued with his alleged accomplice, Chris Neuberger, on the stand today.
Neuberger has testified that after he and Simpkins performed some handy work for Mary Ann Zarb of Estero, Simpkins killed the woman. Neuberger says after the murder he and Shane drove around Suncoast Estates with Zarb's body in the back of her car. They later dumped the body in the woods near the Charlotte County line.
Investigators say the men then began spending Zarb's money, writing checks from her account and using her credit cards.
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- FMPD arrests 10 on drug charges, looking for 9 more
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Request to exhume remains from panhandle school rejected
- Communications satellite launched into space
- Fort Myers Dog Show takes over Lee Civic Center