|Published:||Mar 13, 2013 12:09 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 13, 2013 1:14 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Shane Simpkins' trial continued with his alleged accomplice, Chris Neuberger, on the stand today.
Neuberger has testified that after he and Simpkins performed some handy work for Mary Ann Zarb of Estero, Simpkins killed the woman. Neuberger says after the murder he and Shane drove around Suncoast Estates with Zarb's body in the back of her car. They later dumped the body in the woods near the Charlotte County line.
Investigators say the men then began spending Zarb's money, writing checks from her account and using her credit cards.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Study shows foreclosure numbers down, job growth up in SWFL
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record