|Published:||Mar 12, 2013 11:13 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 12, 2013 1:18 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A murder trial begins in the death of Estero grandmother, Mary Ann Zarb. Nearly two years ago, Zarb's body was found decomposing in the woods, near the Lee/Charlotte line.
Today, jury selection starts in the trial of Shane Simpkins, who is charged with second degree murder. Investigators say Simpkins was doing home construction for Zarb, and killed her for her money, totaling about $25,000. Simpkins faces life in prison, if convicted.
Chris Neuberger is also charged with her murder, and is awaiting trial.
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo