|Published:||Mar 12, 2013 9:03 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 13, 2013 1:13 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS-Fla.-Sounds of hope and praise filled St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church Tuesday night. The priests and parishioners prayed that the Cardinals will pick the right person as their next pope.
Father Greg Caggianelli "We are praying for that Shepard the man who fill the shoes of Peter who will pray with us and challenge us, lead and encourage us."
Parishioner Jackie Wells said, "It is fantastic to be Catholic particularly at this time. These are very exciting times in our church and I am really looking forward to the new pope and all he is going to initiate and he will make us a stronger church and I am so excited about that."
They also kneeled and asked the Holy Spirit to bless the new Pope with strength.
Parishioner Jessie Gargano said, "We all have a stake behind this and we are all part of the Body of Christ and we support our priest and our pope and we just want to be here to pray and give our support."
Once a Pope is chosen they will ring the bell here to welcome him into the church. They will also hold a special congratulatory mass.
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Charlotte County
- U.S. Rep Connie Mack announces divorce
- Burglary suspect casually takes items from unlocked vehicle
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Naples Town Hall Speakers Series suspends 2014 season
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- FDA warns of infections tied to Tennessee pharmacy