|Published:||Mar 12, 2013 12:22 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 12, 2013 5:40 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS BEACH, Fla.- Five months after the deaths of two maintenance workers on Fort Myers Beach, J. Baller Construction and Cutting Edge Molding each received safety citations that could cost them thousands, according to our partners at the News-Press.
Juan Bocanegra, 37, of Fort Myers, and Dustin Manning, 30, of Bradenton, were electrocuted in September when the basket of a cherry picker they were standing in struck a power line. The men were working at Bella Lago condos, off Bay Beach Road.
On February 25, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) found the two companies that employed the victims to be in violation of several safety policies, according to citations sent out by the organization.
Click here to read the story in its entirety.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'