|Published:||Mar 12, 2013 12:22 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 12, 2013 5:40 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS BEACH, Fla.- Five months after the deaths of two maintenance workers on Fort Myers Beach, J. Baller Construction and Cutting Edge Molding each received safety citations that could cost them thousands, according to our partners at the News-Press.
Juan Bocanegra, 37, of Fort Myers, and Dustin Manning, 30, of Bradenton, were electrocuted in September when the basket of a cherry picker they were standing in struck a power line. The men were working at Bella Lago condos, off Bay Beach Road.
On February 25, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) found the two companies that employed the victims to be in violation of several safety policies, according to citations sent out by the organization.
Click here to read the story in its entirety.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause