|Published:||Mar 12, 2013 12:22 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 12, 2013 5:40 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS BEACH, Fla.- Five months after the deaths of two maintenance workers on Fort Myers Beach, J. Baller Construction and Cutting Edge Molding each received safety citations that could cost them thousands, according to our partners at the News-Press.
Juan Bocanegra, 37, of Fort Myers, and Dustin Manning, 30, of Bradenton, were electrocuted in September when the basket of a cherry picker they were standing in struck a power line. The men were working at Bella Lago condos, off Bay Beach Road.
On February 25, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) found the two companies that employed the victims to be in violation of several safety policies, according to citations sent out by the organization.
Click here to read the story in its entirety.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Burglary suspect casually takes items from unlocked vehicle
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption