|Published:||Mar 12, 2013 10:39 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 12, 2013 10:39 AM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Police say a man died after falling from Miami's 79th Street Causeway into Biscayne Bay.
A witness called Miami police just before 5 p.m. Monday to report that he saw a man fals from the bridge. He said he didn't know how the man had fallen but that he'd seen him trying to swim toward shore.
The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/WFklw0 ) reports the witness flagged down two boats near the Pelican Harbor Marina and the boaters checked the area for the man.
The Miami police dive team also searched the area for about 25 minutes. They found the man and brought him ashore, where a Miami Fire Rescue crew gave him CPR. The man died at the scene.
The man's identity hasn't been released and no further details were immediately available.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- A look at the dangers of riding a motorcycle
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man