|Published:||Mar 12, 2013 11:56 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 13, 2013 12:28 AM EDT|
Lee County, Fla. -- A former Lee County Teacher of the Year resigned today, as he was facing suspension for the second time in his career. The school board was set to vote on his suspension Tuesday afternoon, but Superintendent Dr. Joseph Burke announced teacher Joseph Cofield submitted his resignation, effective at the end of the day. Cofield was suspended in 2010 for placing his hands on students. That case has since been closed.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies