|Published:||Mar 12, 2013 1:55 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 12, 2013 1:55 PM EDT|
PANAMA CITY, Fla. (AP) - A Panhandle family is celebrating following a reunion with their Australian shepherd, which ran last summer.
On, Tuesday, Holly Julian of Chipley found her missing dog, Abby, on a Facebook pet-adoption page established by the Animal Rescue Control of Bay County, The News Herald of Panama City (http://bit.ly/14SlpL5) reported.
"We had her since she was 4 weeks old, so we are really adjusted to her personality," Julian said. "We got our Abby back."
Abby, who had been allowed to wander around Julian's neighborhood without supervision, disappeared in July. She was picked up by animal control on July 23 and later adopted to another family.
But the adoptive family decided against keeping the dog and she was put up for adoption again.
That's when Julian found her dog on the Facebook page. She's since welcomed Abby back home.
Julian said Abby immediately recognized her original family.
"As soon as we got there . and we said 'Abby' and she came running," Julian said of the reunion, "she was bouncing back and forth between the kids and myself."
Information from: The (Panama City, Fla.) News Herald, http://www.newsherald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent
- Lee County Schools want to spend $180,000 on marketing