|Published:||Mar 12, 2013 1:55 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 12, 2013 1:55 PM EDT|
PANAMA CITY, Fla. (AP) - A Panhandle family is celebrating following a reunion with their Australian shepherd, which ran last summer.
On, Tuesday, Holly Julian of Chipley found her missing dog, Abby, on a Facebook pet-adoption page established by the Animal Rescue Control of Bay County, The News Herald of Panama City (http://bit.ly/14SlpL5) reported.
"We had her since she was 4 weeks old, so we are really adjusted to her personality," Julian said. "We got our Abby back."
Abby, who had been allowed to wander around Julian's neighborhood without supervision, disappeared in July. She was picked up by animal control on July 23 and later adopted to another family.
But the adoptive family decided against keeping the dog and she was put up for adoption again.
That's when Julian found her dog on the Facebook page. She's since welcomed Abby back home.
Julian said Abby immediately recognized her original family.
"As soon as we got there . and we said 'Abby' and she came running," Julian said of the reunion, "she was bouncing back and forth between the kids and myself."
Information from: The (Panama City, Fla.) News Herald, http://www.newsherald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- DNA evidence leads detectives to North Port burglary suspect