FORT MYERS, FL - It was the first Denny's Diner styled restaurant in the country. The jukebox inside and the 'boxcar' design outside made the restaurant a hot spot for those looking for a hot meal in a nostalgic setting. But over the weekend, the owner, Marcia York says some spring break revellers came in and ordered dinner and left with more than food. She says the men loaded a decorative bench that sat in the front of the restaurant into their car and drove off. York tells WINK news, it's not the first time the restaurant has been hit. She says in the past, someone even drove off with a patio table and 8 chairs. She is hoping the Lee County Sheriff's office will be able to solve this crime pretty swiftly though, she says the rowdy patrons paid their check with a credit card and signed the receipt.
- Confusion leads to heavy police activity at Bernwood Cove
- CCSO seeks IDs of persons of interest in burglary case
- Teen fights off suspect accused of holding a gun to her head
- Woman accused of faking sons' deaths won't face jail time
- Students slime principal for 1 million minutes of reading
- Miami man catches longest Burmese python captured in Fla.
- Truck carrying mulch rolls over at Colonial & Plantation
- LCSO catches home invasion suspects in San Carlos Park
- Baby found, father charged in South Fla.
- Fla. gov. vetoes nearly $400 million from budget