|Published:||Mar 12, 2013 9:11 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 12, 2013 10:00 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, FL - It was the first Denny's Diner styled restaurant in the country. The jukebox inside and the 'boxcar' design outside made the restaurant a hot spot for those looking for a hot meal in a nostalgic setting. But over the weekend, the owner, Marcia York says some spring break revellers came in and ordered dinner and left with more than food. She says the men loaded a decorative bench that sat in the front of the restaurant into their car and drove off. York tells WINK news, it's not the first time the restaurant has been hit. She says in the past, someone even drove off with a patio table and 8 chairs. She is hoping the Lee County Sheriff's office will be able to solve this crime pretty swiftly though, she says the rowdy patrons paid their check with a credit card and signed the receipt.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore