|Published:||Mar 12, 2013 10:35 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 12, 2013 10:35 AM EDT|
BRADENTON, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a 3-year-old boy was shot in the knee outside his home in Bradenton.
The Bradenton Herald (http://bit.ly/13QWtrn ) reports the shooting happened late Monday while the boy's mother and five other adults were inside the house. Authorities say the adults heard the gunshot and went outside, where they found the boy on the ground with the gun beside him.
The newspaper reports the child was taken to Manatee Memorial Hospital, where his condition was not immediately available.
Detectives from the crimes against children division were at the scene early Tuesday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- 'Magic' Johnson to speak at Quality Life Center fundraiser