|Published:||Mar 11, 2013 11:25 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 12, 2013 4:14 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Young artists from Southwest Florida showed off their talents in a special kind of competition Monday evening.
WINK's very own news anchor Lois Thome was the emcee for the event.
The students competed in front of judges and a big audience for their chance to earn scholarship money in five performance categories...contemporary voice, drama, dance, classical voice and instrumental music.
This is the tenth year for the "Young Artists Awards."
The mission of the Young Artists Awards is to provide performing arts opportunities and scholarships, and to provide a showcase for the talents of our local youth.
WINK news has learned, Kevin Seto won Overall and the Audience Choice awards and will receive scholarship money. There were 22 performers in 5 different categories. Each Category had a winner. The performers were from schools all over SWFL.
To learn more about the Young Artist Awards:
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption