|Published:||Mar 11, 2013 12:06 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 11, 2013 4:05 PM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- Three people were injured just before 8:30 p.m. on Sunday when a 19-year-old driver crossed the grassy median on Veterans Blvd. near Theresa Blvd., and entered the path of an oncoming vehicle.
Unica Desir was transported to Lee Memorial Hospital in critical condition. She was cited for Failure to Use Due Care.
Florida Highway Patrol says the driver of the second vehicle, 38-year-old Jason Bosley, was taken to Peace River Regional in serious condition. His passenger, 43-year-old Joddi Edwards, was taken to Lee Memorial in serious condition.
Desir was traveling east on Veterans Blvd. in the inside lane, approaching Bosley, who was traveling west on Veterans Blvd. in the outside lane. Officers say, for unknown reasons, Desir guided her car into the grass median and subsequently entered into the westbound lanes of Veterans, right into Bosley's path.
Alcohol is not considered a factor.
All parties were wearing seat belts.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors