|Published:||Mar 11, 2013 12:06 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 11, 2013 4:05 PM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- Three people were injured just before 8:30 p.m. on Sunday when a 19-year-old driver crossed the grassy median on Veterans Blvd. near Theresa Blvd., and entered the path of an oncoming vehicle.
Unica Desir was transported to Lee Memorial Hospital in critical condition. She was cited for Failure to Use Due Care.
Florida Highway Patrol says the driver of the second vehicle, 38-year-old Jason Bosley, was taken to Peace River Regional in serious condition. His passenger, 43-year-old Joddi Edwards, was taken to Lee Memorial in serious condition.
Desir was traveling east on Veterans Blvd. in the inside lane, approaching Bosley, who was traveling west on Veterans Blvd. in the outside lane. Officers say, for unknown reasons, Desir guided her car into the grass median and subsequently entered into the westbound lanes of Veterans, right into Bosley's path.
Alcohol is not considered a factor.
All parties were wearing seat belts.
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man