|Published:||Mar 11, 2013 1:13 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 11, 2013 4:48 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS BEACH, Fla.- Lee County Sheriff's Deputies arrested a 27-year-old man accused of pulling a gun on three motorcyclists during a road rage incident on Sunday.
The victims say Ovidio Posada was driving around them erratically on Estero Blvd. and, they believe, was intentionally trying to hit them. They say Posada pulled in front of them and immediately applied the breaks. At one point, one of the victims said he attempted to make contact with Posada, who allegedly pulled a firearm from his waistband and asked, "You wanna make something of it?"
Deputies spotted a vehicle matching the description and detained the driver. Posada was positively identified by the victims in a lineup. He was read his Miranda Rights, but did not wish to provide a statement regarding the incident. Based on information obtained during the investigation, Posada was arrested on charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Communications satellite launched into space
- FMPD arrests 10 on drug charges, looking for 9 more
- Request to exhume remains from panhandle school rejected