|Published:||Mar 11, 2013 11:01 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 11, 2013 11:01 AM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Miami-Dade Transit is looking to hire part-time bus operators.
The department will accept applications online at www.miamidade.gov/jobs starting on Monday through March 25th. Trainees earn $14.61 per hour. After completing a 10-week training program, they earn $15.38 per hour.
A statement from the county says employees are also eligible to apply for other positions within Miami-Dade Transit "offering them career advancement within the largest transit department in Florida and one of the largest in the United States."
Applicants will undergo a background screening and physical exam. They must have a high school diploma or a General Education Diploma (GED), a photo identification such as a Florida driver's license, proof of having passed the General Knowledge, Air-Brake and Passenger Transport test sections of the Commercial Driver License (CDL) exam.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Passerby pulls floating 5 year-old from North Naples pond
- Some adult arcades still open after ban
- A young girl is home after a near drowning incident
- New home industry really coming back?
- Zimmerman jurors reveal personal d
- Comedy night to benefit unpaid employees of Wise Guys
- Florida Leads U.S. in Vacated Foreclosure Homes