|Published:||Mar 11, 2013 11:01 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 11, 2013 11:01 AM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Miami-Dade Transit is looking to hire part-time bus operators.
The department will accept applications online at www.miamidade.gov/jobs starting on Monday through March 25th. Trainees earn $14.61 per hour. After completing a 10-week training program, they earn $15.38 per hour.
A statement from the county says employees are also eligible to apply for other positions within Miami-Dade Transit "offering them career advancement within the largest transit department in Florida and one of the largest in the United States."
Applicants will undergo a background screening and physical exam. They must have a high school diploma or a General Education Diploma (GED), a photo identification such as a Florida driver's license, proof of having passed the General Knowledge, Air-Brake and Passenger Transport test sections of the Commercial Driver License (CDL) exam.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Interpreter for deaf at Mandela event called fake
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge