|Published:||Mar 11, 2013 10:31 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 11, 2013 12:36 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- A Collier County man accused of killing his wife and five kids in 2009 was back in court this morning. This was Mesac Damas first court appearance in two years.
The attorneys on both sides said they are having trouble tracking down witnesses in Haiti and throughout the U.S.
Damas fled to Haiti after the 2009 crime.
The next court hearing will be in 90 days, when they are expected to discuss a trial schedule, jury selection and venue issues. The attorneys said they could be ready for trial by the first half of 2014. Damas attorney estimated the trial could take up to six weeks.
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound