|Published:||Mar 11, 2013 11:17 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 11, 2013 11:35 PM EDT|
NAPLES-Fla.-"It is great because we need some closure and he has to be stopped. If it was not for his carelessness my wife would still be here."
John Fitzgerald lost his wife and best friend Domenica Fitzgerald on March 24th 2010. The 70-year old was one of Dr. Grekos patients. He said she suffered from nerve damage caused by chemotherapy.
"She had trouble walking and talking and he said he could help her and he didn't do what he was supposed to."
Last October Dr. Grekos was on trial for using a controversial procedure on her. She had a stroke and died. Another one of his patients also died in 2012.
He said, "There are a lot of good doctors out there doing good stem cell work. If he follow protocol this never would of happened."
Two weeks before Domenica's death, the couple celebrated their their 50th wedding anniversary.
"It is really hard when you are together that long you are like one."
Now it is up to the Board of Medicine to make a final decision to revoke his license and fine him $20,000 dollars. Doctor Grekos has 15 days to file a written exception to this order.
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Chiquita Lock changes operating hours for the holidays
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire