|Published:||Mar 10, 2013 5:34 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 10, 2013 5:34 PM EDT|
MIDDLEBURG, Fla. (AP) - A Florida woman is dead after being run over by her husband in the driveway of their home Saturday night after an argument, authorities said.
Nola Collier and her husband were arguing at their home in Middleburg, about 30 miles south of Jacksonville, the Clay County Sheriff's Office said.
Brook Collier left the home and got into his car. Nola Collier then ran out of the house and approached the driver's side door, deputies said.
"She was trying to stop him from leaving," public affairs officer Mary Justino said.
It's unclear exactly how the 58-year-old woman was run over, but investigators believe she may have gotten caught between the front and back tires, Justino said.
Nola Collier was transported to Orange Park Medical Center where she died.
Justino said the crash is being classified as an accident, but Brook Collier has been charged with leaving the scene of crash involving a death. He was arrested about a half mile away.
Justino added that they will be doing a blood analysis for any signs that Brook Collier, 52, might have been impaired, per standard department protocol. He was being held Sunday at the Clay County. Jail.
Investigators were speaking with Brook Collier and other witnesses in the neighborhood to piece together what happened. The husband is the only eyewitness to the crash, Justino said.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Winter weather delays flights in and out of RSW
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman