|Published:||Mar 10, 2013 5:47 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 10, 2013 5:47 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - A central Florida man has been charged with cruelty to animals after his dog attacked a swan.
The Orlando Police Department says 51-year-old Lawrence Labonte intentionally had his dog attack the swan at Lake Eola Park last Sunday.
The swan suffered nerve damage and had to be euthanized.
Labonte was charged with fighting or baiting animals in addition to cruelty to animals.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Holiday event fundraises for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Man who gave abortion drug to be sentenced
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- Attendance up at 2013 Art Basel in Miami Beach
- Report: Access to voting in Fla. varies by county
- FIU hosts meeting on deteriorating bridges