|Published:||Mar 10, 2013 5:00 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 11, 2013 12:13 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The body of 70-year-old George William McAfee was found floating under a dock near Sea Holly Lane.
Officers do not suspect foul play. The Medical Examiner will conduct an autopsy to determine cause of death.
On Sunday at 12:08 a.m., the Lee County Sheriff's Office received a call about a missing person. The incident occurred at 2937 Bracci Drive, St. James City. Deputies responded to the scene.
A female roommate of the man stated she last saw him at 11:15 p.m. on Saturday, when he left to walk the dog. When he failed to return, she went to look in the back yard and found the dog at the rear sliding door waiting to get in. His car was in the driveway and he did not answer his cell phone. She searched the residence and surrounding area, but could not locate him and called the Sheriff's Office for assistance.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- Poll: Rubio gets negative marks on immigration
- School board approves new superintendent's contract
- Dr. Joseph Burke's Last Day as Superintendent
- Judge reads charge against Zimmerman to jurors