|Published:||Mar 09, 2013 9:06 AM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 09, 2013 9:06 AM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Thousands of people laced up their sneakers to participate in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure Saturday morning.
It was a sea of pink at Coconut Pointe Mall in Estero as people walked and ran a 5K to raise money and awareness for breast cancer.
According to Susan G. Komen, 75 cents of every dollar raised stays in our community, and since 2002, Komen Soutwest Florida has funded more than $5.5 million in local programs and funded $1.8 in national research grants.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Officials: At least 20 whales in deeper water
- Warrants detail accusations in Jameis Winston case
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- New bridge has glitch that keeps a section up for 30 minutes