|Published:||Mar 09, 2013 9:27 PM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 09, 2013 9:27 PM EST|
LAKE WORTH, Fla. (AP) - Palm Beach County authorities are investigating the cause of a barn fire that killed nearly a dozen horses.
Fire Rescue spokesman Capt. Albert Borroto told the Palm Beach Post (http://bit.ly/XyrJb0 ) that least ten stalls were burned Saturday at the Palm Beach Polo Club in Lake Worth. Between seven and ten horses are confirmed dead and four others have been taken from the club.
No surrounding structures caught fire and no other injuries have been reported.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified