|Published:||Mar 09, 2013 10:52 PM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 09, 2013 10:52 PM EST|
MACON, Ga. - The FGCU women's basketball team lost a 13 point halftime lead against Stetson University to lose the Atlantic Sun Championship game Saturday night.
Senior Joyce Iamstrongscored a career-high 31 points and earned Tournament MVP honors as the No. 1 seeded FGCU women’s basketball team fell to No. 2 Stetson, 70-64.
With the loss, FGCU falls to 27-6 overall, while the Hatters improve to 24-8 on the season and have punched their ticket to the NCAA Tournament.
The Eagles had won 41 consecutive A-Sun games overall (including the conference tournament).
The Eagles must wait to see if they will be awarded an at-large berth to the NCAA Tournament or if they'll be participating in the WNIT.
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- 'Dunk City' could host 2014 gubernatorial debate
- 2 Collier beach access points reopen after replacing sand