|Published:||Mar 09, 2013 10:52 PM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 09, 2013 10:52 PM EST|
MACON, Ga. - The FGCU women's basketball team lost a 13 point halftime lead against Stetson University to lose the Atlantic Sun Championship game Saturday night.
Senior Joyce Iamstrongscored a career-high 31 points and earned Tournament MVP honors as the No. 1 seeded FGCU women’s basketball team fell to No. 2 Stetson, 70-64.
With the loss, FGCU falls to 27-6 overall, while the Hatters improve to 24-8 on the season and have punched their ticket to the NCAA Tournament.
The Eagles had won 41 consecutive A-Sun games overall (including the conference tournament).
The Eagles must wait to see if they will be awarded an at-large berth to the NCAA Tournament or if they'll be participating in the WNIT.
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- FMPD arrests 10 on drug charges, looking for 9 more
- Request to exhume remains from panhandle school rejected
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Fort Myers Dog Show takes over Lee Civic Center
- Communications satellite launched into space