|Published:||Mar 08, 2013 12:35 PM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 08, 2013 2:55 PM EST|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- The elderly couple who died in a house fire Thursday morning has been identified as 85-year-old John Fitzmaruice, Jr. and 79-year-old Carole Fitzmaruice.
When firefighters arrived to the home on Sorrento Court in Punta Gorda, they found the couple had already passed away.
Investigators say the fire started in the living room and was accidental. They say it was most likely caused by faulty electrical wiring.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- Changes to Lee Way mean customers buy new transponders