|Published:||Mar 08, 2013 12:35 PM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 08, 2013 2:55 PM EST|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- The elderly couple who died in a house fire Thursday morning has been identified as 85-year-old John Fitzmaruice, Jr. and 79-year-old Carole Fitzmaruice.
When firefighters arrived to the home on Sorrento Court in Punta Gorda, they found the couple had already passed away.
Investigators say the fire started in the living room and was accidental. They say it was most likely caused by faulty electrical wiring.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday