MIAMI (AP) - Authorities say a man who listed his occupation as "sinner" on a networking website called VampireFreaks.com lured a teen to his Surfside apartment for sex.
The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/14CuY0I ) reports that last October, 30-year-old Nelson Carrizo pleaded guilty to child porn charges.
The judge and lawyers agreed he could wait until after the holidays to surrender for his three-year prison term. He began his sentence Jan. 9.
That's when another story began to unravel. A Palm Beach County teen told police she met Carrizo on the vampire website in December and he urged her to come to Miami for sex in January.
Carrizo now faces two counts of sex with a minor and prosecutors want the judge to increase his original prison sentence to 50 years.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Confusion leads to heavy police activity at Bernwood Cove
- CCSO seeks IDs of persons of interest in burglary case
- Teen fights off suspect accused of holding a gun to her head
- Woman accused of faking sons' deaths won't face jail time
- Group protests taxes in Cape Coral by a 'Call to Arms'
- Small Fla. city anxious to learn jackpot winner
- Truck carrying mulch rolls over at Colonial & Plantation
- Miami man catches longest Burmese python captured in Fla.
- Jungle Golf fundraiser putts for patriots
- Students slime principal for 1 million minutes of reading