|Published:||Mar 08, 2013 10:11 AM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 08, 2013 10:11 AM EST|
CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) - The Coral Gables Museum is showcasing the best of Italian arts and culture.
The museum is one of nearly 70 cultural institutions in the U.S. that partnered with the '2013 Year of Italian Culture' launched by Italy's Minister of Foreign Affairs (Giulio Terzi di Sant'Agata). The initiative will highlight research, discovery and innovation in Italian culture with a focus on the arts.
The "Italy in Motion" exhibition runs Friday through June 23 and features Italian-designed vehicles - from Ferraris to Vespas. The opening reception on Friday includes Italian wine and food reception and a performance by Florida Grand Opera's Young Artist Studio.
Other major cities that partnered for this initiative include Boston, New York, and San Francisco, among others.
Coral Gables Museum: www.CoralGablesMuseum.org
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash