|Published:||Mar 08, 2013 10:11 AM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 08, 2013 10:11 AM EST|
CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) - The Coral Gables Museum is showcasing the best of Italian arts and culture.
The museum is one of nearly 70 cultural institutions in the U.S. that partnered with the '2013 Year of Italian Culture' launched by Italy's Minister of Foreign Affairs (Giulio Terzi di Sant'Agata). The initiative will highlight research, discovery and innovation in Italian culture with a focus on the arts.
The "Italy in Motion" exhibition runs Friday through June 23 and features Italian-designed vehicles - from Ferraris to Vespas. The opening reception on Friday includes Italian wine and food reception and a performance by Florida Grand Opera's Young Artist Studio.
Other major cities that partnered for this initiative include Boston, New York, and San Francisco, among others.
Coral Gables Museum: www.CoralGablesMuseum.org
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- $60K approved for Lee school district convention
- SOLD: Lee County school buildings
- New Florida voting law
- Cape woman keeps track of OK friends, family
- Senate committee approves immigration bill