|Published:||Mar 08, 2013 10:56 AM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 08, 2013 10:56 AM EST|
VENICE, Fla.- A 46-year-old man was medically evacuated by Coast Guard helicopter crew members after suffering from chest pains aboard a 48-foot fishing vessel, 100 miles west of here, Thursday.
A crewmember aboard the fishing vessel, Amy Lynn, contacted watchstanders at Coast Guard Sector St. Petersburg at 6:37 p.m., stating a fellow crewmember was suffering from shortness of breath and chest pains and needed immediate medical attention.
An MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter aircrew, already airborne from Coast Guard Air Station Clearwater, was diverted at 6:39 p.m.
The Jayhawk crew arrived on scene at 7:20 p.m., safely hoisted the man into the cabin and transported him to Tampa General Hospital for further care.
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- New Bridge has Glitch that Keeps a Section Up for 30 Mins.