|Published:||Mar 08, 2013 2:54 PM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 09, 2013 9:21 AM EST|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- Charlotte County Sheriff's Major Crimes Unit detectives were called to a home in the 3100 block of Saint James Street in Port Charlotte at 11:13 a.m. on a report of a body floating in the canal behind the homes.
Authorities have identified the body as 50-year-old Michael Brenner.
MCU detectives said at this time they do not expect foul play and will be awaiting the ME’s autopsy report.
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- Firefighters rescue driver from atop his submerged vehicle
- Despite loss, FGCU fans make the best of game day
- LCSO searches for hit & run suspect, bicyclist hospitalized
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- Security plans for Boston Marathon to be detailed