|Published:||Mar 08, 2013 2:54 PM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 09, 2013 9:21 AM EST|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- Charlotte County Sheriff's Major Crimes Unit detectives were called to a home in the 3100 block of Saint James Street in Port Charlotte at 11:13 a.m. on a report of a body floating in the canal behind the homes.
Authorities have identified the body as 50-year-old Michael Brenner.
MCU detectives said at this time they do not expect foul play and will be awaiting the ME’s autopsy report.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft