|Published:||Mar 07, 2013 3:18 PM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 07, 2013 3:18 PM EST|
ST. JAMES CITY, Fla.- A St. James City man has died after injuries sustained in a February scooter crash.
On February 10, 2013 Lee County sheriff's deputies worked a single vehicle crash in St. James City involving a motor scooter. The driver, 63-year-old Douglas Manson, lost control of the scooter in the parking lot of a saloon, located at 3421 Stringfellow Road. The scooter crossed the roadway and crashed through a fence and into a boat on the east side of the road. Manson was transported to a local hospital with serious injuries.
On February 28, Manson died in the hospital from the injuries he received in the accident. The deceased was released to the Lee County Medical Examiner's Office for autopsy and cause of death. The case has been turned over to Lee County Traffic Homicide detectives.
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- FMPD arrests 32 suspected drug dealers
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776
- USPS to deliver mail in SWFL on certain Sundays
- Naples based St. Matthew's House expanding to Labelle
- Corrections officer accused of stealing inmate IDs
- Landlord accused in lead paint case