|Published:||Mar 07, 2013 10:52 AM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 07, 2013 10:52 AM EST|
OCALA, Fla. (AP) - Grand jurors in Ocala indicted a 29-year-old man on first-degree murder and child abuse charges in the death of his infant daughter.
Jeremy Murray remained in the Marion County Jail with no bail on Wednesday. His arraignment is scheduled for March 19.
Authorities say Murray gave conflicting versions of what happened to the 6-week-old child, who was taken to the hospital on Jan. 30 with bruising on her forehead. A medical examiner's report says the child's injuries were not consistent with either of Murray's stories.
The Ocala Star-Banner (http://bit.ly/10jG3a6 ) reports Murray said he waited to call 911 because he was trying to figure out what happened to her. Detectives took pictures of bruising on the baby's forehead.
The baby was taken to two hospitals and later taken off life support.
Information from: Ocala (Fla.) Star-Banner, http://www.starbanner.com/
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation