|Published:||Mar 07, 2013 10:52 AM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 07, 2013 10:52 AM EST|
OCALA, Fla. (AP) - Grand jurors in Ocala indicted a 29-year-old man on first-degree murder and child abuse charges in the death of his infant daughter.
Jeremy Murray remained in the Marion County Jail with no bail on Wednesday. His arraignment is scheduled for March 19.
Authorities say Murray gave conflicting versions of what happened to the 6-week-old child, who was taken to the hospital on Jan. 30 with bruising on her forehead. A medical examiner's report says the child's injuries were not consistent with either of Murray's stories.
The Ocala Star-Banner (http://bit.ly/10jG3a6 ) reports Murray said he waited to call 911 because he was trying to figure out what happened to her. Detectives took pictures of bruising on the baby's forehead.
The baby was taken to two hospitals and later taken off life support.
Information from: Ocala (Fla.) Star-Banner, http://www.starbanner.com/
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Floridians pay the price for illegal Curbstoning
- 12 sentenced in South Florida grow house operation
- Friends remember Hohensee as kind and helpful, not violent
- Investigation in to the Hohensee marriage
- Naples man honored for using epilepsy to inspire others
- Fla. using federal grant money to settle lawsuit