PANAMA CITY, Fla. (AP) - A Panama City man has been sentenced to life in prison for his part in a fatal robbery.
A Bay County judge sentenced 23-year-old Calvin Grubbs on Wednesday after a jury convicted him of first-degree felony murder.
Authorities say Grubbs was part of a group that tried to rob a dice game last September. The robbery left 41-year-old Marc Logan dead and another man wounded.
Grubbs didn't actually kill Logan, but prosecutors only needed to prove that Logan was killed as a result of the attempted robbery.
The Panama City News Herald (http://bit.ly/169HoR2 ) reports that teen who actually killed Logan pleaded guilty Monday to manslaughter and testified against Grubbs Tuesday.
Information from: The (Panama City, Fla.) News Herald, http://www.newsherald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- $590M-plus Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- 20-year-old girl dies in Cape Coral scooter crash
- Bikers participate in Collier County 'Freedom Ride'
- Standing room only at 2013 Hurricane Expo
- Start your engines!
- Fla. Gov. will veto 3 percent college tuition hike
- Body of autistic boy vacationing in Fla. is found
- Fla. gov. steps up pace on signing death warrants
- Hundreds of bikers honor military with Freedom Ride 2013
- Click it or Ticket campaign begins May 20th