|Published:||Mar 07, 2013 10:57 AM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 07, 2013 10:57 AM EST|
PANAMA CITY, Fla. (AP) - A Panama City man has been sentenced to life in prison for his part in a fatal robbery.
A Bay County judge sentenced 23-year-old Calvin Grubbs on Wednesday after a jury convicted him of first-degree felony murder.
Authorities say Grubbs was part of a group that tried to rob a dice game last September. The robbery left 41-year-old Marc Logan dead and another man wounded.
Grubbs didn't actually kill Logan, but prosecutors only needed to prove that Logan was killed as a result of the attempted robbery.
The Panama City News Herald (http://bit.ly/169HoR2 ) reports that teen who actually killed Logan pleaded guilty Monday to manslaughter and testified against Grubbs Tuesday.
Information from: The (Panama City, Fla.) News Herald, http://www.newsherald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape