|Published:||Mar 07, 2013 6:42 AM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 07, 2013 4:57 PM EST|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla. Charlotte County Sheriff’s Major Crimes Unit detectives arrested a Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) officer Wednesday on two counts of Lewd Battery on a 14-year-old girl. Arrested was 37-year-old John Michael Hoover.
On July 27, 2012 Charlotte County Deputies observed an FWC truck parked at an abandoned house in the Port Charlotte area. FWC Officer Hoover came out of the house accompanied by a 14 year old girl. Officer Hoover, who was in uniform, explained to the deputy that he caught the girl in the house with another male. According to Hoover, the male had fled upon his arrival. Officer Hoover stated he did not want help from CCSO deputies and that he would handle the investigation.
On Jan. 3, CCSO received information pertaining to the same 14 year old girl from last July’s incident. MCU detectives conducted a criminal investigation and developed probable cause that he had sex with the girl on two occasions. An arrest warrant was issued for Hoover and at 4 p.m. Wednesday, Hoover turned himself in to MCU detectives. He was arrested and transported to the Charlotte County Jail where was booked and then released on a $10,000 bond.
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- 2 Collier beach access points reopen after replacing sand