|Published:||Mar 07, 2013 10:41 AM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 07, 2013 10:41 AM EST|
FORT MYERS BEACH, Fla.- Lee County deputies say 67-year-old Gary Pollock of Fort Myers Beach died late last night after he was hit by a pick-up truck crossing San Carlos Boulevard. It happened just before 10:00 p.m. right before the Mantanzas Pass Bridge.
The Toyota Tundra pick-up truck was driven by 19-year-old Steven Taylor Bradley, but deputies say Pollock was at fault for entering the road.
The pedestrian was transported to Healthpark Hospital where he died.
Investigators are waiting for toxicology reports to see if alcohol was involved. The traffic homicide investigation continues.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Ukrainian student in SWFL shares perspective on unrest
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- FSU students spend spring break 'serving the underserved'
- Former head of Harborside sues City of Ft. Myers