|Published:||Mar 07, 2013 10:41 AM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 07, 2013 10:41 AM EST|
FORT MYERS BEACH, Fla.- Lee County deputies say 67-year-old Gary Pollock of Fort Myers Beach died late last night after he was hit by a pick-up truck crossing San Carlos Boulevard. It happened just before 10:00 p.m. right before the Mantanzas Pass Bridge.
The Toyota Tundra pick-up truck was driven by 19-year-old Steven Taylor Bradley, but deputies say Pollock was at fault for entering the road.
The pedestrian was transported to Healthpark Hospital where he died.
Investigators are waiting for toxicology reports to see if alcohol was involved. The traffic homicide investigation continues.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school