|Published:||Mar 07, 2013 2:23 PM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 07, 2013 5:27 PM EST|
NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla.- On Thursday, at 1:44 pm, the Lee County Sheriff's Office received a call about a single-vehicle crash. The incident occurred at 663 Pondella Rd. Upon arrival, a silver-colored, four-door, 2002 Ford Focus was found crashed into a concrete pole. The driver was transported to Lee Memorial Hospital where she was pronounced deceased at 2:36 p.m. as a result of the crash.
Preliminary information reveals the driver, 18-year-old Cynthia Ray, was travelling westbound on Pondella Road. While crossing North Cleveland Avenue at a high rate of speed, her vehicle rotated sideways and the driver’s side door collided with a concrete pole.
No other vehicles or persons are believed to have been involved.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings spotted in SC
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend