|Published:||Mar 07, 2013 2:37 PM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 07, 2013 2:37 PM EST|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla.- Charlotte County Sheriff's detectives are asking the public for help in identifying the hit and run driver of a vehicle who seriously injured a woman on a bicycle Feb. 10 in the Cape Haze area. The 45-year-old Venice woman was struck in the 8500 block area of Placida Roadon that Sunday at 11:44 a.m.
The passenger side mirror of a white car struck the woman while riding her bicycle along the edge of the road. The car then fled the area, but the damaged mirror fell out and was found on the pavement; it was taken in for evidence, but not identified to a specific car. The victim sustained multiple serious injuries, but was non-life threatening. Detectives have talked to numerous good Samaritans who helped the woman after the crash, but none actually saw the vehicle that hit the woman.
If anyone has information about this unsolved hit and run case, please call the CCSO at 941-639-2101, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings spotted in SC
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend