|Published:||Mar 07, 2013 11:34 AM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 07, 2013 11:34 AM EST|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- Charlotte County Sheriff's Narcotics Unit detectives arrested a Murdock Circle Apartment resident for selling marijuana three times next to public housing in Port Charlotte. John Henry Barnes, 18, of 17830 Murdock Circle, was arrested.
In an effort to reduce narcotic related activity, CCSO Narcotics detectives have been focusing attention on public housing developments in Charlotte County. Detectives met with Barnes in three undercover operations behind Sam’s Club. The first buy was Feb. 25, then again on Feb. 26. Wednesday, Barnes set up the third drug deal at the same place as before. Once the exchange of money for drugs was completed, Barnes was arrested.
Barnes was transported to the Charlotte County Jail where he remains on $81,000 bond. He was charged with three felony counts of Sale and Delivery of Marijuana within 1,000 feet of Public Housing ($25,000 bond each count); three counts Possession of Marijuana; and three counts of Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
Anyone with knowledge of illegal drug activity is asked to please call the CCSO Narcotics Unit at 941-575-2157 or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Southbound I-75 reopens after rollover crash near Colonial
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- Festival of Dance to feature many genres this weekend
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- Invalid DL leads to Port Charlotte drug arrest
- Boil water notice in effect after Cape water main break