|Published:||Mar 07, 2013 12:42 PM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 07, 2013 2:37 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Jose Acevedo was back in court this morning for a second attempt at his first appearance. Acevedo is accused of driving the family van into their home, knowing his wife and son were inside. Cape Coral Police say he then brutally beat his wife with a bat.
At yesterday's hearing, there was some confusion as to whether Acevedo's wife survived the beating. Today, Acevedo himself asked the judge about her condition.
The judge ordered Acevedo to be held on $250,000 bond. If he makes bail, he'll be fitted with a GPS monitor to ensure he stays away from his Cape Coral home.
- North Fort Myers mobile home fire displaces family
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- New bridge has glitch that keeps a section up for 30 minutes
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel