|Published:||Mar 06, 2013 10:25 AM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 06, 2013 10:25 AM EST|
MIAMI (AP) - Police say a victim fatally shot a would-be robber outside a Miami apartment complex.
The shooting happened around 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. When police arrived, they found two men had been wounded, one critically. He later died at Jackson Memorial Hospital.
The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/15x13sY ) reports a man was approached outside the apartment building by an armed man who demanded his belongings.
Police say the man then shot the victim in the hand. That's when the victim pulled out a handgun and shot the other man several times.
Police are investigating the initial shooting by the would-be robber. No charges have been filed against the victim.
No further details were immediately available.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Charlotte County
- U.S. Rep Connie Mack announces divorce
- Burglary suspect casually takes items from unlocked vehicle
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Naples Town Hall Speakers Series suspends 2014 season
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- FDA warns of infections tied to Tennessee pharmacy