|Published:||Mar 06, 2013 10:52 AM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 06, 2013 10:52 AM EST|
CROSS CITY, Fla. (AP) - A Florida Highway Patrol trooper was injured when a deer ran in front of his cruiser in north Florida.
FHP says 31-year-old Timothy Roberts was driving south on State Road 51 Tuesday night when the deer stepped into the road in front of him near Cross City.
An agency report says Roberts was unable to take evasive action to avoid the deer.
Roberts received minor injuries from the deployment of the airbag and from the seatbelt. A passenger in the vehicle was not injured.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend