|Published:||Mar 06, 2013 10:52 AM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 06, 2013 10:52 AM EST|
CROSS CITY, Fla. (AP) - A Florida Highway Patrol trooper was injured when a deer ran in front of his cruiser in north Florida.
FHP says 31-year-old Timothy Roberts was driving south on State Road 51 Tuesday night when the deer stepped into the road in front of him near Cross City.
An agency report says Roberts was unable to take evasive action to avoid the deer.
Roberts received minor injuries from the deployment of the airbag and from the seatbelt. A passenger in the vehicle was not injured.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- SWFL soldier surprises kids live on WINK News
- Police say school nurse's blood alcohol level was .275
- FMPD gets high-tech vehicle to catch impaired drivers
- Man gets life after selling heroin near Lee Middle School
- Surgeons remove 4-pound hairball from tiger
- Crash blocks Golden Gate Blvd. at 22nd St. SE
- Former Arcadia city marshal resigns amid theft allegations
- Camouflaged alligators spotted at Wa-Ke Hatchee Park