|Published:||Mar 06, 2013 10:52 AM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 06, 2013 10:52 AM EST|
CROSS CITY, Fla. (AP) - A Florida Highway Patrol trooper was injured when a deer ran in front of his cruiser in north Florida.
FHP says 31-year-old Timothy Roberts was driving south on State Road 51 Tuesday night when the deer stepped into the road in front of him near Cross City.
An agency report says Roberts was unable to take evasive action to avoid the deer.
Roberts received minor injuries from the deployment of the airbag and from the seatbelt. A passenger in the vehicle was not injured.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- EXCLUSIVE: Viewers call for change to San Carlos Park road